Whee!! I finally did it. After how long of just thinking that well maybe later would be ok. I actually went out and did it. tadpol.org is mine! yeah! I'm so excited I could pop. Though it only took all morning to get apache configured correctly, but hey, that's what you get for over looking the obvious. Ah well.

I suppose this would be a good time to start thinking about those site redesigns. Not totally sure of what to do, but I think I should do something. I mean, I have had the same basic layout for over four years now. I feel like I should do something. The software section very much needs something. Black is just not working there. I'd like to avoid going to overboard with tables, but gee. I can do so much more with them. Its not like I'm bound by the text browser thing in that.

Found a neat little program called links. Nice little thing, text based web browser that knows what a table is. It is about time. I was beginning to wonder. Although, one should note, you really want a window that can do more that 80 characters wide. Is still very kewl.

I'm not sure what to do though. I have pretty much decided that it will not be similar to the rest of the site. I just tried that, it does not work. I also do not want that over used column-down-the-side thing. Too many sites have that. Its too common. There are a few ideas from OSWD that seem ok, but I am just not sure if I want to use those or not yet.

I have also been thinking that maybe I should come up with a slicker design for these editorial things. Really have no idea for this though. I cannot even come up with a basic-maybe-possibly design. Hmmmm, will have to think on this, yes I will.

Anyways, I thought I would point out here that I gots my own domain now. I'm not going to bother repointing links again, since you can get here from both tilstra.com/~tadpol and tadpol.org. That and I cannot imagine how many pointers there are out there that still point to the central UofMN servers. Frightening the thought is, frightening.